Members of the Student Endowment Board are charged with the responsibilities of recruiting qualified students, raising scholarship funds and building good will among alumni and students. Membership in the Student Endowment Board is an honor and speaks highly of the character and abilities of the students that are a part of the organization.
Why should I apply?
- Meet and collaborate with other KU student leaders.
- Gain unparalleled experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing the university), which develops the skills and confidence vital to success in job interviews and career advancement.
- Be part of a dynamic, highly visible student foundation that plays a vital role in the future of KU.
- Work with and learn from university professionals in development, alumni relations, communications, student success, and many others.
- Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration.
- Have an opportunity to hold leadership positions and chair special events both off and on campus.
- Provide an important service to your alma mater by educating students, parents, alumni, and friends about the importance of private giving.
- Be a current, full-time KU student.
- Have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Commit to serving a one-year term.
- Attend all weekly meetings. Meetings occur on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. at KU Endowment.
- Attend many major Student Endowment Board events or find ways to assist before or after these events if attendance is not possible.
- Support and endorse all Student Endowment Board programming, events and recruitment.
- Volunteer to assist with and attend on-campus events.
- Represent KU and KU Endowment at official University events.
Applications are due Thursday, Sept. 1, and must be submitted to KU Endowment with your unofficial transcript printed from Enroll & Pay. Membership applications can be found here. If you have any further questions about membership, please contact Jamie Gomez
, advisor for the Student Endowment Board.